Journey of 1,000 Miles

Join me in my 1,000 mile ride in the month of May to fight cancer by raising money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Day 12: Why I'm riding

Of course riding a bike is very enjoyable to me, I don't consider myself punished riding quite a bit. But I certainly wouldn't ride 1,000 miles in just a normal month, usually about 500.

I am riding for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. There are 4 main points to the foundation:
1.) Advocacy
2.) Education
3.) Public Health
4.) Research

I like this approach as we would all like to see a cure for cancer, we must do something for those who have cancer now. Treat people, not the disease.

Today I want everyone to realize that cancer can strike anyone, anytime. It's not a disease that happens to someone else. Please get annual check-ups and remind those around you as well. Sure, it's not comfortable or light conversation, but it honestly could save someone's life.

Even if nobody gave me any money at all, if one person gets diagnosed in time due to my 1,000 mile ride, then every mile was worth it.

Daily mileage: 34
Running total: 264

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im riding because of Lance's books
both on my IPod

Im riding cause my Dad died of cancer
in November 2003

Im riding cause it feels so good again

JP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home