Journey of 1,000 Miles

Join me in my 1,000 mile ride in the month of May to fight cancer by raising money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Day 11: Money, money, money

Everytime I gas up my car I write down the mileage, gas price and gallons. I never do anything with this information. I figure it's something to do while I wait for the tank to fill. I decided it's time to actually use this data and see what's there!

I have leased my 2003 Subaru WRX since February 2003. Since then I have gassed up 103 times for a total of 1,341 gallons of gas costing me $2,952 which took me 29,000 miles.

Saving all the mathophobes the dirty numbers, counting insurance, lease payments and gas my car has cost me $17,505, a whopping 60 cents per mile! Bikes, on average, run about 5 cents a mile.

Just something I think about while riding...

Daily mileage: 32 (Cost me $1.60!)
Running total: 230

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Joe Hansbauer said...

am I missing something? How is May 10th Day 10, and May 13th day 11? Damn Cheater! :)

Maybe you should move to Ohio and drive less. Your car payment and insurance would be lower, and your gas price as well... and you can actually buy a home that is 1.7 miles from work for a reasonable sum, saving you further cash since you could WALK to work... which unless you factor in some sort of knee replacement surgery is FREE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home