Journey of 1,000 Miles

Join me in my 1,000 mile ride in the month of May to fight cancer by raising money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

It has started!

I am not sure who said it, but a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. In my case, it was a revolution. I rode with a few people from the Bicycle Planet team. We did a few hills, then took the bike trail over to the canal. Riding the canal is a hoot. The canal reminds me of watching CHiPs as a kid. It seems all the bad guys always crashed into the LA canal. I forgot my camera today or otherwise I would have been able to show the lizards, ducks, turkeys and geese I saw today.

So, an honest 48 miles today. I really would have liked to have started National Bike Month with a bang, but I was hurting today after breaking rocks in the hot sun yesterday for Rebuilding Together. It's great seeing people come together and help someone they don't know.

Well, it's pretty clear the weather is not going to help me out too much on my 1,000 mile month. Rain is forecasted from the 4th to the 10th. Looks like I will be getting some free bike washes!

Daily total: 48 miles
Running total: 48 miles
Goal: 1,000 miles

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me be the 1st to congratulate you on your efforts!!!! I can't even drive for 48 miles without whining! Now, you can imagine 1,000, geez. And here you are, almost 30 biking 1,000 miles!!!! I'm filled with pride for you young cousin! And I will be for sure checking this site everyday. And count on the Speagles sponsoring you.

Thanks for the information, cuz.
Love, Lis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home