Journey of 1,000 Miles

Join me in my 1,000 mile ride in the month of May to fight cancer by raising money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Day 22: Other rides I am doing.

I am a sucker for punishment, I admit it. There's something about doing something terribly difficult that makes me want to do it. Will I enjoy it? Possibly, but doing something considered challenging interests me that enjoyment is secondary. But I usually always do enjoy it. It's a vicious circle.

So, in addition to the Ride for the Roses I have scheduled two additional rides, although I reserve the right to do more.

Sierra Century - I have only heard good things about this ride. Riding through the wine country of Amador County seems like a dream to me. Of course, somewhere in the middle of 123 miles and 10,000 feet of climbing I am sure this might change. But this is all just a warm-up for the...



Death Ride - Of course the name always draws peoples attention but this looks to be one great ride. It's dubbed "Tour of the California Alps" and that nickname seems appropriate. 129 miles and 15,000 feet of climbing should be enough for any human. I plan on eating as much food as possible after this one. Who's with me?



Well, my two day total this weekend was only enough for the Death Ride but at least 12,000 feet short on the climbing part...

Daily total: 69 miles
Running total: 629 miles

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Joe Hansbauer said...

I'll skip the death ride, but I'm with you on the eat as much food as possible idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home